- The pre/post district-created assessment for an SLO must be the same assessment.
- The assessments needed for SLOs may not change the current building assessment schedule.
- If a teacher is using SLOs for student growth and another measure such as Value-Added, the teacher must write 2 SLOs.
- When writing 2 SLOs, two different district-created assessments will need to be created, one for each SLO.
- When a teacher goes between two buildings, that teacher and a building principal can select which building to focus their SLOs, depending on the number of students they will be addressing on the SLO.
- Non-core teachers (i.e. music, art, gifted, technology) may be required to first submit their SLOs to their respective county organizations for approval and then submit to the district OTES committee for final approval.
- Intervention/Title teachers who write SLOs may create their own assessments.
- Intervention specialists must use grade level content standards (not the extended standards) when creating the pre/post assessment for SLOs.
- A teacher must have a minimum of 6 students to write SLOs.
10.Student Growth Measure Percentages:
· Category A1: 50% Value-Added or 26% Value-Added and 24% SLOs
· Category A2: 10% - 25% Value Added (proportionate to teacher's schedule as agreed by teacher and evaluator); 10% Vendor, 0%-15% SLOs (proportionate to teacher's schedule as agreed by teacher and evaluator.)
· Category B: 25% Vendor; 25% SLOs
· Category C: 50% SLOs
11. Student Attendance: Students absent 45 or more days from school (excused or unexcused) are not included in SLO. For courses that do not meet daily or for the entire year, students absent from school 25% or more of the days in the course will not be included in the SLO.
12. Interval of Instruction:
- For a full year course or second semester course, the end date for the interval of instruction will be April 15th, 2014.
- If the interval of instruction for an SLO occurs in the middle of the school year, then the teacher and evaluator will decide the SLO submission date.
- Students transferring in after 25% of the instruction has been taught will not be counted in the SLO.