|District OTES Information
|Welcomes to the Barnesville Exempted Village Ohio Teacher Evaluation System (OTES) Website. Here you will find various resources available for your download.
|OTES Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- The pre/post district-created assessment for an SLO must be the same assessment.
- The assessments needed for SLOs may not change the current building assessment schedule.
- If a teacher is using SLOs for student growth and another measure such as Value-Added, the teacher must write 2 SLOs.
- When writing 2 SLOs, two different district-created assessments will need to be created, one for each SLO.
- When a teacher goes between two buildings, that teacher and a building principal can select which building to focus their SLOs, depending on the number of students they will be addressing on the SLO.
- Non-core teachers (i.e. music, art, gifted, technology) may be required to first submit their SLOs to their respective county organizations for approval and then submit to the district OTES committee for final approval.
- Intervention/Title teachers who write SLOs may create their own assessments.
- Intervention specialists must use grade level content standards (not the extended standards) when creating the pre/post assessment for SLOs.
- A teacher must have a minimum of 6 students to write SLOs.
- Student Growth Measure Percentages:
- Category A1: 50% Value-Added
- Category A2: 25% Value-Added and 25% SLOs
- Category B: 20% Vendor; 30% SLOs
- Category C: 50% SLOs
- Student Attendance:
- Students absent 45 or more days from school (excused or unexcused) are not included in SLO.
- For courses that do not meet daily or for the entire year, students absent from school 25% or more of the days in the course will not be included in the SLO.
- Interval of Instruction:
- For a full year course or second semester course, the end date for the interval of instruction will be April 15th.
- If the interval of instruction for an SLO occurs in the middle of the school year, then the teacher and evaluator will decide the SLO submission date.
- Students transferring in after 25% of the instruction has been taught will not be counted in the SLO.
- For the 2014-15 school year, the original framework of 50% student growth measures and 50% teacher performance on the standards will be followed.
- For the 2014-15 school year, the district will be following option 3, only the student growth measures and final summative will be uploaded into eTPES.
- Skilled and Accomplished Teachers:
- During the required years, a full evaluation will be completed.
- During the years teachers are not fully evaluated, a professional growth or improvement plan, one observation, one conference, and student growth measure rating will be completed.
- The last full evaluation rating will be reported until a new full evaluation is required.
- If the student growth measure rating falls below “Average,” the full annual evaluation cycle will apply.
- Value Added teachers whose student data falls below average may get kicked into the evaluation cycle immediately.
- A new teacher coming from another district with a rating of Accomplished or Skilled will receive a full evaluation that year.
- Retiring Teachers: Teachers whose notice of retirement is board-approved by December 1st are not subject to the evaluation process for that year.
- For teachers rated "Skilled" or "Accomplished": the scheduling of off-year observation and conference will be mutually agreed upon by both parties (teacher and evaluator) and conducted within ODE timelines. In lieu of the OTES rubric, evaluators will be using the walk-through app for the 30 minute observation and emailing results to the teacher to be discussed at the post conference.
- For the 2015-16 school year, teachers who have a second student growth data point (Category A2 and B teachers) have the option of only writing one SLO.